Gett Courier Terms & Conditions
Gett Courier Terms & Conditions
Gett Courier Terms & Conditions Date: 26th Jan 2016
GT Gettaxi (UK) Limited (“Gett“) hereby invites you (the: “User“) to use the Service (as defined below) wƒhich Gett advertises and operates on the Gett Application and/or on Gett website (together: the “App“), subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms“).
Gett offers to communicate between its Users and independent messengers, as to provide the Users the ability to order, through use of the App, a messenger for performance of delivery services for envelopes and small packages (the “Deliverable” and the “Service“, accordingly). The Service will only be available in the designated areas listed under the Designated Areas List attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Designated Areas“).
Gett shall be entitled, without any requirement for prior notice, to suspend and/or terminate the Service and/or amend the Terms, from time to time and at its sole discretion, including without limitation, amend the maximum size and/or weight of the Deliverables, change the Designated Areas and/or amend the Terms in any other manner.
- The Service is available only within the Designated Areas and operates during Monday – Sunday between 09:00 – 21:00.
- The Service must be paid for by your registered credit card through the App.
- The Service is available for delivery services from one collection point to one destination point, and both collection and destination addresses must be within the Designated Areas. It is hereby clarified that the delivery address cannot be changed after order is accepted.
- Users are prohibited from using the Service for delivery of any of the following:
- Items with a value exceeding £500 or items which have unique personal value, such as: artworks, jewelry, gold/silver coins, etc.;
- Hazardous materials or other material which may cause harm or endanger a human or an animal;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Items the delivery of which is prohibited under applicable law, or which require a designated license for delivery, including without limitation, drugs, medicine, biological and chemical substance, firearms, ammunition, etc.;
- Items the delivery of which require special treatment, including without limitation, items which require refrigeration, fragile items, etc.; and
- Tobacco products.
- Users are prohibited from using the Services for any illegal purpose and/or for delivery of any items not in accordance with applicable law.
- By using the Service, User approves that the delivery does not contain one or more of the items which are prohibited for delivery under these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that User shall bear full responsibility for the use of the Service for any purpose not in accordance with the Terms.
- The weight of the deliverable shall not exceed 5 Kg and the dimensions of the deliverables shall not exceed the following: Height: 25 Cm; Width: 25 Cm; Depth: 35 Cm.
- The User shall be solely responsible for properly packing the Deliverable, including waterproof wrapping.
- User shall attach to the Deliverable a label with the details of the User and the person designated to receive the Deliverable at the destination point. The User shall be solely responsible for the accuracy of such details, and User shall indemnify Gett for any cost or expense incurred by Gett due to the failure to pick up the Deliverable at the destination point.
- In the event there is reasonable suspicion that the Deliverable contains an item prohibited for delivery under these Terms, Gett shall be entitled, but not obligated, to check the contents of the Deliverable. In addition, Gett may refuse to accept a delivery and/or require the User to provide document and/or approvals as condition for delivery, at its sole discretion. It is hereby emphasized, that no review, check, request for additional documents or the absence thereof by Gett shall create any obligation or liability on Gett whatsoever or relieve the User of its sole liability under these Terms.
- The availability of the Service is subject to the availability of the service providers which perform the delivery and/or the availability of the App, and Gett does not provide any guarantee with respect to the availability of the Service, in whole or in part.
Standby and Cancellation
- The User shall not be charged any standby fee in the event the messenger waited to receive the Deliverable at the collection point up to 3 minutes from the time of arrival at the collection point. For every additional minute of standby, the User shall be charged a fee of £0.24.
- At the destination address, the messenger will wait up to 3 minutes for the Deliverable to be collected by the person designated by User, after which the Deliverable will be returned to the collection point, and the User shall be responsible to receive the Deliverable at the collection point. In such event, the User shall be charged double the delivery cost.
- Cancellation of the order within 3 minutes from acceptance of the order under the App shall not be subject to cancellation fee, however cancellation thereafter, and prior to transfer of Deliverable to Messenger, shall be subject to cancellation fee of £2. User shall not be entitled to cancel the order after the Deliverable was transferred to the messenger, however, without derogating from the generality of the foregoing, to the extent an order was cancelled after transfer of Deliverable to Messenger, User may be charged an additional fee, as shall be decided at the sole discretion of Gett.
Limitation of Liability, Compensation and Indemnification
Gett shall not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered by the User and/or any third party, whether direct or indirect, arising from or in connection with the Service, including without limitation any loss or damage caused due to the any loss or damage to the Deliverable, save to the extent caused by gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Notwithstanding the above, in the event, due to a final court decision, Gett is held liable towards the User or any third party for any loss, damage or expense which is not due to gross negligence or willful misconduct, then such total liability shall in no event exceed an amount equal to 3 times the actual payment made by the User for the underlying Service. Moreover, Gett shall in no event be liable for any indirect or consequential damage, including without limitation, loss of profits, loss of production, and loss of goodwill.
The User undertakes to compensate and indemnify Gett, each of its employees, officers and anyone on their behalf, from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, actions and/or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising from or in connection with the Service.
- Where the context requires, words importing the singular only also include the plural and vice versa and words importing the masculine only also include the feminine and neuter and vice versa.
- The User acknowledges that with respect to the Service, Gett only provides the platform for communicating between the User and the service providers performing the deliveries.
- any contradiction, inconsistency or discrepancies between these Terms and any other publications by Gett with respect to the Service, these Terms shall prevail.
- Headings used herein are for convenience purposes only and shall not be used to construe the substantive meaning of the provisions hereof.
- The User acknowledges and approves that he has reviewed these Terms and accepts them completely, and the Terms shall apply and be with full force and effect with respect to the User and the Service.
- It is agreed that with respect to any issue or claim which may arise with respect to the Service, Gett shall provide its decision which shall be final and binding upon the User, and the User waives any claim with respect thereto. In the Event the User wishes to raise a claim against get with respect to the Service, the User shall provide Gett written notice with respect thereto no later than 7 days from the occurrence of the event which resulted in such claim, and Gett’s decision with respect to such claim shall be final and binding.
- These Terms shall be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without having regard to the conflict of law provisions, and the competent English courts, shall have the exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising in connection with these Terms.
- If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- The terms and conditions of Gett at the following link http://gett.com/uk/terms-conditions.html shall apply, mutatis mutandis, with respect to any matter relating to the Service which in not addressed hereunder.
Exhibit A (the “Designated Areas“).
All areas within Zone 1 and Zone 2 within London.